The impact of the damage resulted in a massive amount of work that is well underway, to clear the public access road and to make the woodland safe. The scale of the work is vast:
- some 1000 trees have had to be cut, many up to 20 – 30 feet tall (10 – 12 metres)
- the felled trees resulting in 10,000 tons of chip wood
- the root plates have weighed up to a ton each
- between five – eight people have been working on site at all times
- using two excavators, a tractor with an industrial wood chipper
- another two tractors with ten ton trailers to transport the woodchip and one tractor to winch the wood
The speedy and diligent work of the contractors meant that the public road was opened again already on the 12th January, bringing an end to the significant inconvenience and impact caused to our neighbours and community.